Former Disney and Universal Studios executives, designers, architects and engineers are planning a $1.1-billion resort anchored by an indoor snow park and a huge indoor-outdoor water park.
The project will be located on more than 100 acres and located on Las Vegas Boulevard south of Interstate 215 and north of St. Rose Parkway. The exact location has not been disclosed.
The plan includes:
- State-of-the-art water park with themed “lands”
- Dining, Retail, and Entertainment district
- Sprawling Family Entertainment Complex
- Two upscale 600 room Hotels
- Dazzling tropical themed Casino
- State-of-the-Art indoor ski area
- Exclusive European style spa and beach club
- Multiplex Cinema with high-end reserved seating component
- Contemporary 5000 Seat Arena for concerts and sporting events
- Developer, Las Vegas Wet LLC has 30 years of experience with Disney, Universal, Paramount Parks, as well as a host of other entertainment and family-oriented ventures.
One of the projects more unique attractions will be the indoor ski park. No such facility exists in the US.
The design team is focused on making the project as environmentally friendly as possible. They plan on using solar panels wherever possible to generate electricity, and micro-turbines to heat and cool the buildings and the water. It will be the first project in Nevada to use fuel cells to generate electricity.
The project will enhance the burgeoning south-strip area and is sure to be a hit as a locals get-away as well as a vacationers destination.
Plans call for a 2012 opening.